I just got a call from my Pediatrician's nurse (yay!) to give me a sanity check on the way I am taking care of the babies right now. She told me to keep doing what I am doing. She also asked me to turn off their ceiling fan and to turn on a cool mist humidifier in their room.
Noah - he is super congested. I can hear crackling when he breathes in and out of his mouth. He is still in great spirits, as always. I'm using saline drops in his nostrils along with the bulb syringe to suck out his snot. It has changed from cloudy white to cloudy light yellow. His fever is low - about 100. His bed is on an incline.
Naomi - she is congested too, but not coughing. She isn't lathargic, but she is very floppy. She only wants to cuddle, and is barely eating. She is hydrated though. I've used saline drops in her nostrils to break up her congestion. She doesn't have enough snot in her nose for me to suck out. Her congestion is more in her chest. She is running a higher fever - about 102. I give her motrin and it goes down to 100. She is also sleeping on an incline.
I'm supposed to keep on doing what I'm doing for another 24 hours or so. They've been "sick" since Friday-ish. Nurse Christine told me they are probably on the mend and not to bring them in yet because she doesn't want them to catch something from one of the other sick kids in the waiting room.
I make my own saline solution. I cup warm water and 1/2 tsp of salt plus a medicine dropper. They both hate it, but it works. :-)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment