Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last day at FT before the kids get here

I couldn't go to work in Friday for our All hands meeting because of the bedrest thing. Oy. So I went yesterday to meet with my boss and the DM that's taking over my cases. They were both really great about what I was able to accomplish and not accomplish before passing leftovers onto them.

I also got to speak to one of my newer, dear friends and realized how much I miss her and the ladies in the office. I have been extremely self centered during the past few months - mostly because that's the only way I've been able to take care of myself. I miss my friends. The baby shower couldn't come at a better time. I look forward to seeing everyone, and giving hugs and catching up a little.

I am really hard on myself, sometimes. I think that my problem is that I am noticing how self centered I am right now - but I do not want to become stuck in this "focus on myself/take care of myself first" mentality. I know that is the "right' way to think while I am pregnant with twins, so that they can stay in the oven longer. I still don't like it.

I guess I also sorta fear how baby focused I'll become after the kids get here, and consequently still choosing self over my friends and family. I guess the root is that I think they will not be there when i want to get back together with them. Is that normal?

In Him,
M

1 comment:

Erin said...

It is totally normal! Your focus will be readjusted, it all is part of it, don't worry about it.