I can't believe Chad has been home for over a month helping me with the babies. He is such an involved daddy. Last night, I asked him if he could cover the kids 9pm feeding, then went to sleep around 8pm. Each time I'd wake up for the subsequent feeding (midnight, etc..) He'd let me know that we had enough stored up breastmilk and put me back to bed so he could take care of the next feeding. Long story short, he ended up doing THREE count 'em, 3 feedings in a row. I slept until we were out of stored up breastmilk, and did their feeding at 7:30am.
God bless Chad. Now he is sleeping, and I'm trying to make sure he gets to do that for as long as he needs to.
The babies are doing well. Noah and Naomi both have learned to follow objects around with their eyes, which is cool. They are also smiling and trying to mimic faces that we make at them while we are holding them. Naomi is getting better at batting things with her little hands and trying to grasp them with her fingers. Noah is content to stare at them - no reaching and grabbing yet for him.
I think Noah is lactose intollerant. I left dairy out of my diet since last Friday, and he has been sleeping better and hasn't been as fussy. I think Naomi may have issues when I eat peanut butter, so I am leaving that out of my diet this week to see if it makes a difference in her ability to sleep. All in all, they are doing well - growing and making Chad and I pinch ourselves to make sure we aren't dreaming.
Thanks for your prayers. Please keep praying for Chad's dad's and my mom's health.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
oh, marie...how much you must have needed that sleep. in my wildest imagination i can't imagine how you get enough sleep with two.
interestingly enough, my latest blog post (kaleysfrontporch.blogspot.com) was about sleep deprivation and after reading your blog, my perspective has greatly changed. thank you!
Post a Comment