Okay, today is the day that our babies would have been full term - had they been singletons. So technically, as of today, they are no longer preemies.
They are growing up. I am trying to enjoy the cuddle time with them while they are so small. Naomi is over 7 lbs, Noah is barely over 6. He looks more like a newborn then a preemie now. We've had some visitors and did or best to make sure pictures were posted on Phanfare.
The kids had their days and nights mixed up and were trying to stay awake through the night. Chad and I have worked pretty hard to get that trend reversed by making the room brighter during the day and darker at night. They are sleeping in a crib in our room so that we can get to them easier and not worry about crying since we can see them.
Another challenge has been little Noah's digestive system getting its kinks out. He needs extra burping and cuddling to get him to sleep. He is more of a preemie baby. Naomi is more of our full-term baby. We are working extra hard to be sure she doesn't get the short end of the stick with Mommy and Daddy time though.
Chad's parents were here for almost a month helping us to get acclaimated to having babies in the house. They bottle-fed the kids for 1 or 2 feedings a day so I could get some consecutive sleep. They left this morning. I already miss them. They also helped us continue moving into the house by unpacking most of the garage and helping organize the kitchen and kids rooms.
Today, we are experiencing freezing rain. This is making it predictably difficult to get up and about. My sleep schedule is completely fouled up because of the continual cat naps I take while the kids are sleeping. Speaking of this, I am going to go take a nap now. The kids just started a growth spurt, so they are eating every 2 1/2 hours instead of every 3. Since it takes about an hour to feed them and get them changed and situated, that leaves me about 90 minutes (or less) to sleep.
g'night!
Marie
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
LOVE you doll!!! I know how crazy it was with one baby...let alone two!! Sleep when you can and NEVER feel guilty about it! The schedule will work out in time. I AM SO glad you are enjoying them and I hope you four get some quality time as a family before your mom and dad get here this week!!
Call me anytime, I know you have a lot on your plate so I will be there when you need me, or even a random hug at 3am...
I miss you!!
~Corinne
Post a Comment