Sunday, January 24, 2010

RSV adventure

Here is the update on Omi and Noah.
I've been communicating via facebook since I can do so from my cell phone. I think this is the first chance I've had to update their blog since this adventure began on Tuesday morning.
SUNDAY:
Naomi "Omi": Dr. assessed her this morning and said she will stay in hospital at least one more night. Her O2 levels are good but she doesn't eat voluntarily. The goal is for her to voluntarily eat 4 oz. in liquid or solid. Today, she had 4 tsp of sweet potatoes and vomited it up an hr. later. She is okay with breastfeeding - but for only a few minutes a couple of times a day. She is on breathing treatments and takes motrin or tylenol when she runs a fever. Her fever is lowgrade, but sometimes goes over 101.
Noah: Went to ER last night with a 103.8 fever and trouble breathing. They confirmed he has RSV, so Chad is at home with him doing breathing treatments and sucking snot from his nose. I got to spend some time with him yesterday afternoon.
In other news - Chad wasn't feeling well before Omi was re-admitted on Friday, but he is pushing through and taking on a lot of Daddy responsibilities. Please pray for him (and me) specifically in the area of wisdom when we face unfamiliar situations with our kiddos. This is a whole 'nuther level of parenting. We praise God for being blessed with AMAZIng kids and a phenomenal hospital/staff at Cooks.

Call or Text me if you want texted updates.

*I promise to update tomorrow morning if I don't before then. *
**Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.**

No comments: