Monday, May 26, 2008

There are two of them

We found out Friday via vaginal ultrasound that there are two of them. Two babies. We are pregnant for the first time, and there are two of them.

The odds were 1 in 200 for spontaneous twins.
I (the mommy) have no history of twins in my family of origin.
The love of my life (the daddy) is the son of a twin.

The Armitage clan is ecstatic. The Barrington/Wisden/Moore family is happy too - just stunned.

Two of them.

They are probably fraternal, Although according to the doctor we won't know for sure until much later in the pregnancy. Right now we are at 9 weeks. Due December 28th, although we will probably have a planned c-section between Dec 1-14.

I've been exhausted, which is affecting my career, and ability to help at home. Both of these are bad. I trust God will help me through all of this.
I am fighting my instincts. My husband and my boss are both people I am driven to impress - and I seem to be failing both of them right now.

God is my fortress and God is my strength a very present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear tho the earth be removed and tho the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.

I need to be getting my hours in at work, and am blessed to be living in a flex schedule where I can work from home. I LOVE my job. But right now, I just feel I am average at it.*

*pregancy note: I know, the babies are eating everything but my hormones. I am definately more emotional then I used to be!

I need to be helping my husband with our move from one house to the other. We closed on a home last month, and need to be moved out of our current house by the time we close on selling it, June 12th.

Problem: Because of my baby-induced-exhaustion, I can't really help with any manual labor at the new house. It needs to be primed - painted - then moved in to. My husband feels like he is having to do it all by himself. Our local family can't help (seriously, each of them have very good reasons for being unavailable). My dear sweet husband has been ill with allergies the last couple of weekends.

Prayers are coveted and appreciated as we do our best to make a wonderful home for these two new lives, and maintain our sanity at the same time.

Serving HIM with you,
M

No comments: