They are changing so much every day - its crazy. Both the munchkins absolutely love to be upside down and tossed in the air. They have kept pretty consistant with Noah being more vocal than Naomi - although both giggle when we play with them. Naomi is teaching Noah how to say MaaAAA. (yay!)
I found a website with the Ethiopian Feedel (alphabet) that I am reading with the babies each day. I am sure I am mispronoucing a lot of the letters - but they still love the sound of the Amharic dialect. We discovered that when my mom would speak Amharic to them and they would smile. We've decided the kids will call my mom grandma in Amharic - Ayate (ai-YAH-tay). It is so cute to watch them learn and listen to her.
This is giving me a chance to learn Amharic too - I practiced while my mom was here by repeating everything she said - even though I had no idea what I was saying. At least this is helping me get back the Amharic accent I was exposed to when I was younger. I hope Noah and Naomi get to learn enough to communicate fluently. It will make learning their Ethiopian heritage much easier.
This week I've been practicing how to say different colors and the alphabet.
Ideally, I'd like them to learn enough ASL to communicate through the terrible twos and enough Spanish to survive in Texas. I've always operated best under stretch goals - If I shoot for the stars - hopefully we'll land on the moon.
Chad is off today, and today is P and A's 15th wedding anniversary. We are watching their kiddos tonight so they can go out. Please continue to pray for my mom and Chad's dad's health. Also, for Chad and I to have wisdom. That's been my main prayer for our lives during the past few months - and I see how God is using it. Its awesome.
Blessings to you all,
Marie A.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment