The week before Mother's day was awesome. I was able to spend it with one of my heroes - my own mother. On Monday, I took the babies with me and drove out to Abilene to spend two nights and Mom and Dad's home. Chad was working long hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, so it worked out really well. Mom and Dad hadn't seen the kids for about a month - and they are growing so quickly.
On Wednesday, Mom and Dad decided to come back with us to Burleson so that Mom could see all of her grandkids before Mother's day. They wanted to watch each of our kids for at least one evening so we could each go out for a date with our spouses. It was so sweet.
Thursday - Joe/Corinne and Chad and I went out to see Wolverine. It was better than I anticipated. Then we went out to Waffle House (a la our High School days) and hung out until around 11 before we started puttering out of steam. Okay, let me be real. I was the one who started puttering out. I think Corinne and Chad still had plenty of energy - but they are both late night people.
Chad wanted to do something for me for mother's day on Friday, but he had a class come up at work that required him to work on Thursday and Friday --so we decided to postpone Mother's Day for me for another week. We are going to celebrate it next Friday. However, we did decide that since Mom is here trying to help all of us have a great Mother's Day, that we should HONOR her on Sunday.
Sunday - We had Paul/Alberta, Joe/Corinne, Chad/me and all of the kids over to our house for enchiladas. Mom was in nirvana with her grandbabies. All she wants is to have us all together, in a relaxed environment. The kids were playing and laughing. Mom and Dad actually ran out of video tape (they had 3) and so did I. We took lots of pictures though. I think Corinne posted some on Phanfare.
New Naomi stuff - she loves flipping head over heals and being held up in the air over your head. it makes her giggle. She also LOVES when Mom speaks in Amharic to her - actually when she speaks amharic to anyone. She looks at Mom intently and tries to understand her - it is so cute. Mom is going to try to keep speaking to her and teaching her Amharic as she grows older.
New Noah stuff - I think he is starting to teethe! He loves being upside down. He'll lay down and pushing his head off of my lap past my knees so he can look at the world upside down. Flipping doesn't make him as happy as looking around from a different perspective. He loves having people around him - he doesn't care what language they are speaking in - but he is always interested and willing to smile if you make eye contact with him.
They both are trying to stand up - and we all think they may skip the whole crawling thing and end up both walking. I am doing exercises and stretches around their neck and shoulders. That seems to be their weakest muscle group. I learned all the exercies I am doing with them from Naomi's physical therapist.
My parents went home to Abilene today, so now the kids have to get used to only having one set of hands to hold them during the day. They are growing up so fast. Please keep praying for the health of their grandparents (especially Chad's dad, Dave and my mom, Almaz). God is healing them both, but they are both in pain everyday.
Thank you for your prayers and support. Gotta go. 'Omi is calling me.
Marie
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment