Heard the term "staycation"? The kids and I are going to stay at a hotel very close to Chad's work for the next couple of nights. Why?
1. Chad has been working crazy hours because they are understaffed in his group. Staying 5 minutes from Chad's work will add 1 1/2 hours to each of his days. He can choose to sleep or spend time with the babies. We are very grateful for Chad's workload though - considering positions are getting cut in other parts of the company.
2. The kids will get to meet many people that were praying for them during our pregnancy (Fellowship Technologies, Danelle, Tara, Melissa, Erin, etc..)
3. Make it easier to pick up Cori, Joe & Isaac on Thursday noon.
4. It won't cost us much to stay there - it has a full kitchen and I've already prepped food for the week - we also used Marriott rewards points to pay for the room.
5. This is a relatively low risk opportunity for me to travel with minimal assistance with the children. I am pretty confident we (God and me) can handle it. We'll see. ;-)
So, I am packing our stuff and we are off. This afternoon we are going to head up there - Prayers appreciated.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment