Sunday, December 14, 2008

~The official WORD of Aunt Corinne~ :-)

HELLO EVERYONE!!

I finally got the info for marie's "baby" blog so that I can stop the daily text fest ;-). Joe and I got home not too long ago from visiting the family Armitage at the hospital. Marie is doing well! She is resting as she can, and working VERY hard with nursing both Noah and Naomi. Her spirits are high as Marie tends to be, I am encouraged by Marie each time I see her! (On a completely personal note....I MISS MY FRIEND! I will be SOOO HAPPY when they come home :-) ).


Noah is amazing! He was born and dubbed "baby B" but has been quite the little trooper. Officially he was born at 4:20 pm on Dec 11th weighing in at 5lbs 8ozs and measuring 17in. long. He is with mommie, nursing and sleeping well, and letting EVERYONE know if he is the least bit uncomfortable. We are all catering to his needs sufficiently I think!



Precious Naomi is quite the strong little lady! She was born and dubbed "baby A" and is showing the world she means it! :-) Officially she was born at 4:19pm on Dec 11th weighing in at a whopping 6lbs 7oz and measuring 19in (they originally thought she was only 17 but that was corrected once they got her to the NICU). Naomi did have some fluid in her lungs so shortly after being taken from mom and dad the first time on the 11th she was brought to the NICU and put on a CPAP to help build her lungs. She HAS BEEN taken off of all of the machines as of today and the IV as well. She is nursing with marie (when we can get her to wake up :-) ) and we are hopeful she will get out of her "baby prison" and join her brother with Marie and Chad tomorrow.



Chad has been the foundation of the family. He has been completely tireless in taking care of Marie, Noah and Naomi. There isn't a second when he can be down with Naomi that he has missed, and at the same time he is shouldering Marie and Noahs needs as well. Chad is a fantastic poppa and I am SO PROUD of him.


Marie wanted to make sure that I tell everyone THANK YOU for all of your prayers and well wishes. Please continue to pray for Naomi as she is getting stronger so that she will be able to come out of the NICU and home with the rest of the family.
We are all hoping they can be home tomorrow, but at the same time want to make sure they are all healthy and strong enough to make the trip.

~Corinne

2 comments:

Mel said...

Yippeee!! I love updates! I am so happy for the whole family and look forward to watching them grow together. Corinne, you'll probably have to keep posting since Marie will be too busy!

Maria said...

THANK YOU for the update. We had seen the pics and knew that they had arrived and wondered what was wrong with little Naomi. So glad that everyone is doing well. Can't wait to meet them some day!!

Maria (and Luke)