Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our Labor Day

I went into the OB for a regular check-up on December 11 and was diagnosed with preclampsia - so I was admitted into Harris Downtown and had a C-section that afternoon.
Naomi Debre was born at 4:19pm - 6lbs7oz 17.8in long
Noah Dawitt (Dah-wheat) was born at 4:20 - 5lbs8oz - 17.1in long.
Little Naomi swallowed some miconium during delivery so she was taken to the NICU and stayed there until 12/15. Noah was put in the room with me. I lost a lot of blood, so I did end up having a transfusion of a couple units of blood and was not released from the hospital until 12/16. I've also had increased pain from my pregnancy Carpel Tunnel in my right hand. My husband stayed in the hospital room with me and took care of visiting and feeding Naomi since I was stuck in bed for most of our hospital visit.

In Him - Marie Armitage (Chad, Naomi, and Noah)
P.S. the middle names are Ethiopian translations of Deborah and David. My Mom is from Ethiopia, so these are a connection to their Ethiopian heritage.

No comments: