Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update from Marie

I'm back - Thank you Corinne for updating the blog since the babies got here. I am home - on good drugs for the c-section and the carpel tunnel in my right hand. Both of those should clear up in the next few weeks.
Baby Noah is doing well. He is such a sweet little guy. He has his eyes opened most of the time - curiously looking around and almost always making some sweet baby noises that make his mommy and daddy's heart melt. He eats in smaller portions, but is already back at his original birth weight.
Baby Naomi is also doing really well. She is a little bigger then Noah - growing at a slower pace as if she is waiting for him to catch up. She is very strong for a baby - when she was in NICU she kept pulling her tubes out and tried bending a splint they put on her arm for an IV. Daddy said she had a white knuckle fist while trying to bend the splint.

They are up to sleeping 4 hours or so between feedings. They are sharing a crib in our bedroom - which has helped them immensely. This is way better then separated sleeping at the hospital.
love y'all. thanks for the prayers!

Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I am glad you are on the way to feeling better - Ok, did you change the names?

Tara Coulson said...

I'm so thrilled that you all are home and resting - before Christmas. That is a miracle. I'm so jealous all the other Girls Gone Mild have seen pictures! Where do I see some? Love you and can't wait to meet the little ones! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!