**warning - this is a rambling blog, I'm really tired. :-) **
On Monday, The babies got to meet their new pediatrician, Dr. Frank McGehee. He is part of the Cook's Children's hospital pediatric group. Great News. Noah is up to 5 lbs 14 oz - gaining on his sister who has gained back her birthweight plus one ounce - 6lbs 9oz.
Both babies are very healthy - I was worried about some yellow crusties in their right eyes - but Dr. McGehee encouraged me that they were just blocked tear ducts. Easily fixable by providing simple acupressure below their eye - close to their nose - at each feeding time.
The babies went home and slept while I went to a second dr. appointment. I went to get the carpel tunnel checked out. The hand doctor gave me some steroid shots to help me regain the use of my fingers and be able to take care of the munchkins. The extent of the pain/numbness on my right hand are all of my fingers except my pinky - and on my left hand my middle and ring finger are tingly/numb. The pain was keeping me awake - even when I was using braces on my wrists when I slept. THIS is why I haven't been able to type blogs or text since getting out of the hospital. The pain is still there, but I've noticed small successes each day as a result of the steroid shots.
Chad has been awesome - changing diapers and swaddling the kids - and of course, taking care of me. I am so blessed.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!
Love
M
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment